Welcome to the Ticketing Information page, you will find lots of useful information below, further information can be found in our FAQs.
1) Match Schedule and Ticket Pricing
* Tax is included in the price.
* You can purchase up to and including 6 tickets per match.
* Child price is applicable to children aged 15 years and under as of the match day. Children aged 15 years and under must be accompanied to the match by an adult parent or guardian. You cannot purchase a Child ticket only.
* Children aged 2 years and under as of the match day will not require a ticket, provided they sit on the lap of the accompanying adult parent or guardian who has a ticket. Up to one child aged 2 years or under per paying adult will be permitted to enter for free.
* Please select your ticket by category. Specific seats or locations cannot be selected.
* You cannot purchase tickets for more than one match on any one given day.
2) Seating Map
All seats within each venue will be divided into 4 price categories.
* Premium seats are also available.
* All seats are reserved seats.
* Please note that the areas in which seats of each category are located, as indicated on the seating map are to be used as a guide and are subject to change.
3) Ticket Products
A variety of ticket products will be available, so there will be something for everyone.
Bundle tickets will be available for a limited time in January and February 2018. Individual tickets for the 48 matches will also be made available later on in the year.
- Bundle tickets *Limited period offer - Bundle tickets Pricing
The bundle consists of a set of tickets for matches taking place during the pool phase. The two types of bundles that are offered are the Stadium Packs and the Team Packs, where the former is a set of tickets for each venue and the latter a set of tickets for each team*. *only available for teams who have qualified as of the 2 November 2017.
Stadium Packs include tickets to all pool matches to the stadium of your choice (this pack does not include tickets to the knock out stage matches). Whether you live in a host city or nearby, come out and enjoy all of the matches being held at a stadium near you via the Stadium Pack. Those who purchase a Stadium pack will receive an originally designed, exclusive lanyard and pass card that will be used as a ticket for all eligible matches.
+Types of Stadium Packs
12 types of Stadium packs: Sapporo pack, Kamaishi pack, Kumagaya pack, Tokyo pack, Yokohama pack, Shizuoka pack, Toyota pack, Hanazono pack, Kobe pack, Fukuoka pack, Kumamoto pack and Oita pack.
Team Packs include tickets to all the pool matches of the team that you support* (this pack does not include tickets to the knock out stage matches). The Team Pack is an excellent way to enjoy all of the matches involving the team that you support within the pool match phase. Those who purchase a Team Pack will receive an originally designed, exclusive lanyard and pass card that will be used as a ticket for all eligible matches (4 matches).* only available for teams who have qualified as of the 2 November 2017.
+Types of Team Packs
15 types of team packs: Japan team pack, Argentina team pack, Australia team pack, England team pack, Fiji team pack, France team pack, Georgia team pack, Ireland team pack, Italy team pack, New Zealand team pack, Scotland team pack, South Africa team pack, Tonga team pack, USA team pack and Wales team pack *These are the 15 qualified teams as of 2 November 2017
* Stadium Packs and Team Packs will only be available for purchase for a limited time only in January and February 2018, before the start of individual ticket sales. Stadium Packs and Team Packs will not be sold after the end of the designated period.
* Premium seats are also available for Stadium Packs and Team Packs.
* Price is the total aggregate amount per match per category of individual tickets.
* You may purchase either the Team Pack or the Stadium Pack for up to and including 6 people.
- Individual Tickets -
Tickets for all 48 matches can be purchased through the official ticketing site. Category A, B, C, D tickets (tickets at child prices are available for Category C and D tickets during the pool phase) and premium seats will be available for purchase.
* What is a Premium seat?
Immerse yourself in the unique buzz and drama of the Rugby World Cup from the comfort of Category A seats. Transform your experience by collecting your VIP supporter pack that includes a cooler bag filled with food and drinks, a padded cushion for your seat and other Rugby World Cup branded souvenirs.
Premium seat Description
- Best Available Category A Match Ticket
- Official Match Ticket Presentation Box
- Official Rugby World Cup Accreditation and Lanyard
- Official Rugby World Cup Cool Bag
·Premium Rugby World Cup Bento Box
·Beer or Soft Drinks
·Padded Cushion for stadium seat in souvenir branded bag
·Poncho (Rain Protection)
Premium seat is a product of STH Japan K.K.
Prices will vary by match. Prices start at 55,000 JPY and will go up to 190,000 JPY for the final match. STH Japan K.K. will be releasing updates, so for more information please visit: https://hospitality.rugbyworldcup.com
- Accessible Seating -
Wheelchair tickets will be sold via the official ticketing site (tickets.rugbyworldcup.com). The wheelchair tickets will be sold at the same price as a category D ticket (includes child tickets) as wheelchair tickets are limited to specific areas within the stadium. Wheelchair tickets will consist of two tickets, one for the individual using the wheelchair space and the other for the accompanying person with access to a seat. Please be advised that the number of wheelchair tickets will be limited depending on the stadium. Furthermore, for those intending to purchase a wheelchair ticket, please note that though we are making an effort to secure parking at the stadium, depending on the location, there may not be enough parking space. Other types of accessible seating can also be applied for online.
4) Application/sales period
- Bundle tickets (Stadium packs and Team packs) -
Priority sales for the Rugby Family in Japan and General Sales will be held for these packs. Stadium packs and Team packs will only be available in January and February 2018 and there are no plans to sell these packs past the designated period.
1. Priority Ballot Sale for the Rugby Family in Japan
Application period: 10:00 on Friday, 19 January 2018 to 23:59 on Friday, 26 January 2018 (JST)
Ballot Result Notification: Monday, 26 February 2018 (JST)
Payment Period: Monday, 26 February 2018 to Wednesday, 7 March 2018 (JST)
2. General Sales (Ballot)
Application Period: 10:00 on Saturday, 27 January 2018 to 23:59 on Monday, 12 February 2018 (JST)
Ballot Result Notification: Monday, 26 February 2018 (JST)
Payment Period: Monday, 26 February 2018 to Wednesday, 7 March 2018 (JST)
* If more applications are received than the available amount of tickets for the packs, the chance of winning the ballot will be increased for the Rugby Family in Japan who apply via the priority sales.
- Individual tickets -
Priority Ballot Sales for the Rugby Family (in Japan)*¹, Rugby Friends (in Japan)*², Host City residents and Front Row members*³ and a General Sale will be taking place for individual tickets.
1. Priority Ballot Sales for Rugby Family in Japan
Application period: 10:00 on Monday, 19 February 2018 to 23:59 on Monday, 12 March 2018 (JST)
Ballot Result Notification: Monday, 26 March 2018 (JST)
Payment Period: Monday, 26 March 2018 to Wednesday, 4 April 2018 (JST)
2. Priority Ballot Sales for Host City Residents
Application period: 10:00 on Monday, 19 March 2018 to 23:59 on Thursday, 12 April 2018 (JST)
Ballot Result Notification: Thursday, 26 April 2018 (JST)
Payment Period: Thursday, 26 April 2018 to Saturday, 5 May 2018 (JST)
3. Priority Ballot Sales for Rugby Friends in Japan
Application period: 10:00 on Thursday, 19 April 2018 to 23:59 on Saturday, 12 May 2018 (JST)
Ballot Result Notification: Saturday, 26 May 2018 (JST)
Payment Period: Saturday, 26 May 2018 to Monday, 4 June 2018 (JST)
* Fot the priority sales for Host City Residents, you may only purchase tickets that are being held in the city that you are residing in.
4. Priority Ballot Sales for Supporters Club Members / Front Row Members
Application period: 10:00 on Saturday, 19 May 2018 to 23:59 on Tuesday, 26 June 2018 (JST)
Ballot Result Notification: Tuesday, 10 July 2018 (JST)
Payment Period: Tuesday, 10 July 2018 to Thursday, 19 July 2018 (JST)
5. First General Ticket Sales (Ballot)
Application period: 10:00 on Wednesday, 19 September 2018 to 23:59 on Monday, 12 November 2018 (JST)
Ballot Result Notification: Monday, 26 November 2018 (JST)
Payment Period: Monday, 26 November 2018 to Wednesday, 5 December 2018 (JST)
6. Second General Ticket Sales (First come first served)
Real time sales: From 10:00 on Saturday, 19 January 2019 (JST)
We may conduct additional sales before the 19 September general sales for those who could not get tickets during the priority sales period. Announcements will be made if there are to be any changes or if there is additional information related to the application process of sales period.
*¹ Rugby Family in Japan: Registered teams/coaches/referees, staff members of the Japan Rugby Football Union, members of the JRFU members club and Sunwolves official fan club members. Those who fall under the Rugby Family in Japan group will need to create a ticket account in advance in accordance to directions given by the organization that you belong to.
*² Rugby Friends: OB & OG of teams registered to the Japan Rugby Football Union, employees / fan club members of the Japan Rugby Top League 2017-2018 participating teams. Those who fall under the Rugby Friends group will need to create a ticket account in advance in accordance to directions given by the organization that you belong to.
*³ Supporters Club Members / Front Row Members: Members of the official newsletter ‘Rugby World Cup 2019 Official Supporters Club’ and the ‘Front Row’. Those who created a ticket account as a member of supporters club or Front Row within the priority period will be eligible for this group. You can check your ‘My account’ page to check your registration status. Please note that those who register to the Supporters Club/Front Row after the end of the priority sales period will not be eligible for the priority sales. Please ensure that you register within the given period.
5) How to apply for a ticket/How to purchase a ticket
Stadium packs, Team packs and individual tickets will be available on the official ticketing site (tickets.rugbyworldcup.com).
1. Visit the official ticketing site
2. Register for your own ticketing account
3. Log-in to apply for the tickets through your account.
* Those who fall under the Rugby Family and Friends in Japan group will need to create a ticket account in advance in accordance to directions given by the organization that you belong to.
* The official ticketing site cannot be accessed using a feature phone.
* You can register your account free of charge, but any internet/data fees that arise as a result of the registration will be the responsibility of the individual.
Mastercard / Masterpass
Mastercard is an official partner of Rugby World Cup 2019. To reward the fans who commit to paying for their tickets with Mastercard or Masterpassvia online we will double your chances of securing tickets in the ballot.
Other payment methods
Credit/Debit cards (JCB or Visa can also be used.)
Convenience Stores (7-eleven, Familymart)
* Domestic only
* Payment only. You cannot apply for tickets/purchase tickets at the convenience stores.
7) Ticket delivery
Tickets are likely to be a mixture of physical and electronic tickets depending on the match and ticket type. More details will be announced closer to the Tournament.
*Delivery charge: A maximum of 1,000 JPY will be charged per order for domestic sales. The delivery charge for international sales and domestic sales will be announced at the start of the sales phase.
8) Saleable seats and ticket allocation
1.8 million tickets are estimated to be sold throughout this Tournament for all 48 matches from the pool phase to the knock out stage. Approximately 50% of the saleable seats will be allocated to the Rugby World Cup Organising Committee which will then be sold via the official ticketing site. Depending on the ticket sales, Rugby World Cup 2019 Organising Committee are able to receive additional allocation from World Rugby/RWCL.
9) Official Resale Service
There will be a single official resale service for tickets for the Rugby World Cup 2019. The purpose of the official resale service is to allow those who can no longer attend the match due to various personal reason to resell their tickets officially and safely via this online service at face value. Detailed information of official resale service will be announced around the end of 2018. Please note that bundle tickets (Stadium packs and Team packs) and Premium seats are not able to be resold through this service.
10) Rugby World Cup 2019 Ticket Terms and Conditions
Please visit the link below for Ticket Terms and Conditions.
11) Rugby World Cup 2019 Organising Committee Ticket Customer Centre
Phone +81 50 3786-6615
Open 10:00~18:00(JST) *Service will not be available during the New Year's holidays.
FAQs & Contact form : https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/faq.html
12) Other Inquires
Hospitality Programme (Commercial, group, individual)
STH Japan K.K.
Sport Travel and Hospitality Group Ltd.
Rugby World Cup 2019 Host Cities MORE INFO
Rugby World Cup 2019 Match Venues MORE INFO
Rugby World Cup 2019 Pools MORE INFO